What I say:
I am a true southern when it comes to tomatoes-my dad always grew the best. So a true test of a tomato product is pretty much the flavor. So when Mooney Farms sent me some of their products to try I was overjoyed. Yes, you can add these products to dish in cooking, but to me I had to try them right from the bags and jars. As we say in the south-these maters are good! The taste is pure and sweet like a tomato should be, you can really tell these are made with care by a company that cares about the product and wants to keep the good taste of tradition alive. You can purchase Bella Sun Luci via the online store- they also offer gift baskets for the foodie in your life.
Bella Sun Luci's authentic bruschetta originates from an authentic family recipe that combines sun ripened tomatoes, fresh basil, premium olive oil, and Italian herbs to create a truly “homemade” flavor.
Mooney Farms, manufacturer of the Bella Sun Luci line is family owned and operated, located in Northern California. They are the largest producer of sun dried tomatoes in the U.S.
Moody Farms also has lots of great recipes that can be used with their product line.
Moody Farms is offering 1 lucky winner a chance to try these products also:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Mooney Farms sells the following variety of products
- California Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut with Greek Oregano, Basil & Garlic
- California Sun Dried Tomato Halves
- California Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut
- California Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut with Italian Basil
- California Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut with Zesty Peppers
- Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil & Herbs - Halves
- Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil & Herbs - Julienne Cut
- Sun Dried Tomato Pesto with whole pinenuts
- Sun Dried Tomato Bruschetta with Italian Basil
- California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sun Dried Tomato Risotto
- Tomato & Artichoke Pasta Sauce
- Basque Norte Meat Marinade
- Carne Asada Meat Marinade
- Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Halves in Olive Oil 35oz.
- Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut in Olive Oil 35oz.
Mooney Farms began in 1987 as a family owned kiwi farming operation. Products were sold at the farmer’s markets in Northern California by the family members. With the addition of sun dried tomatoes, their first sale to Price Club South San Francisco changed everything. The family’s Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil & Herbs sold out in a record 4 hours! Sun dried tomatoes had become mainstream and the Mooney Family had the winning recipe!
In 1994, Mooney Farms moved to a larger facility located in Chico, California to meet the growing demand for their products. Recently remodeled and expanded, the 100,000 square foot facility reflects their family’s rich history of the Mediterranean with 200 year old olive trees planted among the rows of lavender and rosemary.
The Mooney Family originates from Sonoma County and has always appreciated the natural beauty and style of Sonoma’s Vineyard landscapes and wineries which line the beautiful farming valley’s. Reminiscent of this area, they have created a beautiful rustic Italian style tasting room and storefront, which welcomes you to their family business.
A disclaimer and disclosure:
* I received this product in exchange for a review. I was not compensated for my review and all my opinions are my own, based on my personal experience with the product. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. *