Discover with Dr Cool
What I say:
Summer time, sweet-sweet summer time! Not even out of school a week and I hear-"Mom, I have
nothing to do!" My son, Wade likes hands on projects so he really loved this kit and had a great time with it. We got all our stuff together and put paper down on the floor to protect it. I have worked with plaster lots of time. I will tell you there is more in the bag than you will need. If you mix it per instructions it will not come out like you need it to. So start slow, I used half the bag of plaster and added water as needed-BUT YOU HAVE TO BE FAST! So I did this part mush to Wades protest. Over all it's a cute and fun kit that we had fun with even if it did not make a big boom at the end like he wanted it to. There is more than enough eruption mix to use it more than a few times.
What's in the kit?
- Volcano Mold
- eruption powder(2 that will need to be mixed)
- 3 real specimens (pumice, obsidian arrowhead, and a geode)
- Full-Color Info and Activity guides
* Make a volcano erupt and collect 3 real volcanic specimens (pumice, obsidian arrowhead, and a
* Ultimate kit includes: Volcano Mold, plaster, paints, brush, eruption powder, and 3 real specimens
* Perfect science fair project or gift for kids 6-12 that are interested in volcanoes, earth science or geology
* Full-Color Info and Activity guides were written by teachers are filled with cool science facts about volcanoes and puzzles to solve
* Winner of Gold Award from Family Review Center, Kids Product of the year from Creative Child Magazine, and Seal of Approval from the Toy Directory
We've turned this classic science experiment into the ultimate hands-on volcano experience! First you'll use the plaster and mold included to make your volcano chamber. Then you'll use the brush and paints included in the kit to decorate it. Next
AWARDS WON: Gold Award - Family Review Center 2012, Seal of Approval - Family Review Center - 2012, Kids Product of the Year - Creative Child Magazine -2012 and Seal of Approval - Toy Directory Monthly 2013.
Some tips for casting a successful volcano: the Ultimate Volcano directions call for one cup of water to be added to the plaster, and this amount works for most customers. However, if you have added a full cup and the mix still seems too thick to pour into the mold, stir in a little extra water, adding a bit at a time (up to 1/4 cup). The ideal consistency should be thick, but pourable. We also recommend working quickly and using cold water throughout, since warm or hot water can make the plaster harden more quickly.
A disclaimer and disclosure: * I received this product in exchange for a review. I was not compensated for my review and all my opinions are my own, based on my personal experience with the product. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.