This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Chewy.com. The opinions and text are all my own.
Welcome to Part 2 of the Nutro Dry + Wet Dog Food 30 day challenge from Chewy. Just in case you need a recap - Our family was sent the 2 products below from Chewy. Both of our furry buddies loved it from the 1st bite. We had no issues at all with the transition from their old food. We are now about 15ish days into the new program.
As I stated in my part 1 post-Tom (black) has skin issues. He gets very itchy skin and is allergic to fleas. Even though he is on flea medication we all know it takes a few hours to work. When he gets a flea on him and it bites Tom scratches....but who wouldn't? Tom is also on Prednisone. If you know anything about this medication it makes you gain weight....but we don't like to talk about that. One thing I've noticed the most about Tom since he has been on the Nutro Dry + Wet Dog Food is less hair loss. In the photo above you can see that his hair is inner than his brother Jerry (brown). Tom also does not have that corn chip smell that came from his skin before from the constant licking he would do. As for Jerry, his coat has more of a shiny and less shedding also.
Their bathroom habits have also changed. I went from letting them have a constant supply of their old food to feeding them 3 times a day. The main reason for this was the sneaky cats preferred the new dog food too! Anyway back to bathroom habits! Both Tom and Jerry have ALWAYS been pooping machines. They eat, the poop - it's a never ending cycle. What I did notice is their poop changed. It went from a light color to a darker almost black poop that was less hard. It was still firm but less dry.
I have also noticed a change in both dogs breath. I don't know if it's because the kibble is smaller and easier for them to chew or if it's because of the limited ingredient food. There have been many times in the past that I have asked them what had they been licking or eating...and waited for an answer. No, I'm not saying they have that sweet smelling puppy breath of years past, but it's not as harsh at it was.
I hope you all join us next month for the 3rd and last part n this series of post.
Don't forget there is still time to enter to win a large bag of Nutro Dry for your pup too!
Cater to your dog’s dietary needs with the Nutro Limited Ingredient Diet Small Bites Adult Lamb & Sweet Potato Recipe Dog Food. Specially crafted with small bites for easy chewing, this clean diet can help minimize food sensitivities, make digestion easier, and ensure that your dog receives the natural nutrition he needs. Offering a premium taste packed with metabolism-enhancing nutrients, each bite is infused with optimal levels of omega-6 fatty acid, zinc, and B vitamins to guarantee a soft coat that shines. Plus, this limited-ingredient formula is made without corn gluten, corn, wheat, or soy protein.
- Number one ingredient is pasture-fed lamb, which delivers amino acids to build muscle and maintain a healthy metabolism.
- Always made with 10 ingredients plus natural flavors, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients.
- Promotes optimal digestive health in dogs with sensitive stomachs and helps to nourish sensitive skin and deliver a shiny coat.
- Clean recipe is made in the USA with non-GMO ingredients and absolutely no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
- Smaller kibble is great for dogs who need easier chewing.
Some Dogs can develop food allergies to grain-based foods. Nutro Grain Free Adult Natural Lamb and Potato Formula Premium Ground Dog Food is perfect for dogs with food sensitivity. This healthy, wet formula has zero grain and features potatoes as a highly digestible carbohydrate. Pasture-fed Australian and New Zealand lamb is the formula’s single, novel animal protein. This premium, canned dog food is a limited ingredient diet that will make their skin healthy and coat shine.
- Number-one ingredient is great-tasting, real pasture fed lamb which delivers amino acids to build muscle and maintain a healthy metabolism. Give your dog all that she needs to thrive and stay healthy.
- This product is made without grains, corn gluten meal, wheat or soy protein. Because of this, there is a less chance of aggravating food sensitivities and allergies.
- Formulated with optimal levels of omega-6 fatty acid (linoleic acid) and zinc to promote healthy skin and a shiny coat. Help keep your pet keep looking great and robust.
- Made with absolutely no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. This is a high-quality product that is produced in the manufacturer's own facilities to ensure safety and quality.
- Nutro's dedicated team of experts tailor their formulas to your pet's life stage and health condition. They only use natural ingredients that they directly buy and can trace back to their suppliers.
A disclaimer and disclosure: * We received one or more of this product in exchange for a review. We were compensated with product for our reviews, however, all our opinions are our own, based on our personal experience with the product. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
**Notice any unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from Wrapped Up N U is strictly prohibited.**